3 QUESTIONS TO OLLIE DUDFIELD, OLYMPISM365 ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR
Ollie Dudfield shares his thoughts on the impact of the Olympism365 strategy and the role of sport as an important enabler for the UN Sustainable Development Goals. He presented the O365 strategy to more than 80 academics in an “On the line with an expert” session held in September. The video of the session is available here.
2023/2025 ADVANCED OLYMPIC RESEARCH GRANTS AWARDED
In the framework of the tenth edition of the Advanced Olympic Research Grant Programme, the Olympic Studies Centre has selected seven research projects, underlining their academic quality and significance with respect to the priority fields of research identified by the IOC.
You can consult the list of grants awarded here.
The 2025/2027 edition of the grant programme will be launched in November 2024, and the rules and application form will be available here.
OLYMPIC CASE STUDY COMPETITION
Registrations for the third (and last) playtime of the 2023-2024 International Olympic Case Study Competition are open.
University classes willing to play the preliminary rounds between December 2023 and February 2024 can register until November 15 2023.
For this edition, the topic is “Elite athletes as ambassadors of International Sports Federations to promote their sport and its values”.
More information here.
NEW ACADEMIC OLYMPIC STUDIES AND RESEARCH CENTRES
Since the beginning of 2023, 12 new university based Olympic Studies and Research Centres (OSRCs) joined the network, which now includes 67 centres in 23 countries.
Welcome to the following OSRCs:
- Jacques Rogge Olympic Studies Centre (Ghent University – Belgium)
- Laboratory of Olympic and Sociocultural Studies of Sports (Federal University of Viçosa – Brazil)
- The Olympic Art and Design Research Centre (Central Academy of Fine Arts – China)
- Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches Olympiques (Université de Rouen Normandie – France)
- Centro universitario de Estudios e Investigación Olímpicos (Universidad Autonoma de Baja California – Mexico)
- Centro de Estudios e Investigación Olímpicos (Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas – Peru)
- South African Centre for Olympic Studies and Social Impact (Stellenbosch University – South Africa)
- Centro de Estudios e Investigación Olímpicos of the following universities in Spain:
- INEF Galicia Universidad de A Coruña
- Universidad Alfonso X el Sabio
- Universidad de Alicante
- Universidad Europea de Madrid
NEW ON THE SHELF
Did you know that we add around 20 new titles per week to our catalogue, which add up to over 1000 per year? Here some recent releases you should know about:
- Tackling violence against women and girls in sport : a handbook for policy makers and sports practitioners
- Olympic Solidarity and NOC Services Annual Report 2022
- MoveNow: Understanding trends in youth participation in sport
Want to stay up to date on new releases via an automatic weekly alert by email? It’s simple. Register to the Olympic World Library and select “subscribe to new releases” here.
Note that you do not have to register to the Olympic World Library to search and access the full collection of 38.000 titles and over 12.500 digital files.
OLYMPIC-RELATED CONFERENCES LIST UPDATE
An updated list of conferences to be organized in 2023 and 2024 by universities or institutions involved in the Olympic Movement is available here.
Upcoming events include the “Symposium on Sport & Neutrality", the SPRING Conference: “The Politics of Sporting Mega-Events” and the “28th TAFISA World Congress 2023".
We update this list regularly, and try to make it as exhaustive as possible, so please keep us informed about any conference missing, by writing to email@example.com